The Tundra hat features 100% baby alpaca and a smaller Poko-branded tag. Perfectly suited for any head or person. The hollow fibres of the alpaca fibre trap air in their core which provides enduring insulation - one of the most important features we look for when designing hats.
- 100% Pure Peruvian Alpaca
- Made fair trade Peru
- Hand wash with mild soap, or machine wash on cold, delicate cycle.
- Do not wring, scrunch, stretch, or twist.
- Hang to dry or dry clean, do not dry in a dryer machine.
- Groom with a light brush in direction of the fibre.
- Can iron in the same direction on a low setting
Peruvian alpaca is a natural, technical fiber with remarkable thermal properties - allowing air circulation on warm days (prevents sweating), and heat insulation on cool days (contains heat). These hand warmers feature a composition of solely baby-alpaca, which means that it’s made with hair from the very first sheer of an alpaca.
Alpacas are shorn once per year, and the hair from the first sheer of an alpaca is remarkably soft. This is an ethical and humane process; no animals are ever harmed for Pokoloko products. Alpaca is one of the Earth's most sustainable fibres to make, because alpacas and alpaca fibre harvesting have a very low environmental impact.
Pokoloko wants to share the relationships & stories they've collected on their travels with you. They believe knowing your makers & their stories aligns with respecting the earth we all share.